Monday, August 8, 2011

My daughter keeps getting sores in her scalp that are open, then scab over, then flake off of her scalp.?

First it was right in her crown and I brushed it off as she has a dry scalp and she likely scratched her head too much. Tonight I found two more areas in her scalp that are scabbing over and have a couple of open sores. (not big, but open none-the-less) The area that healed was almost peeling off as a sunburn would. We had battled lice for a couple of months because someone at her school had it and wasn't getting treated and she kept getting it. (I would catch it really quickly because after the first time I started checking her regularly so most times there'd just be one or a few in her hair) I started using olive & tea tree oil in her hair to deter lice from wanting to get in her hair. Which has helped, but now we're battling scabs and large flakes. Could there be a connection to the lice she was getting and these scabbed areas? (after the second round of lice I stopped using the pesticide b/c she's so young, I was using natural methods to rid her of the nits) I also have trouble getting her to eat enough food. She'll eat very little then say she's full so could it possibly be that she isn't getting enough vitamins?

No comments:

Post a Comment